As more details begin to emerge about Christine Blasey Ford, a Palo Alto University professor who has accused POTUS Donald Trump’s second Supreme Court nominee, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, of attempted rape 36 years ago in high school, the more we discover she’s an unhinged Leftist who may even have an ax to grind.
But we’re also learning more about Kavanaugh as well. As in, he’s not taking these allegations lying down. He’s standing up and loudly proclaiming them to be false, and he’s got credibility on his side.
Right after the allegations broke on Friday and before the public knew Ford’s identity – she first wanted to remain anonymous, we were told – Kavanaugh was clear and concise in his rebuttal.
“I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation,” he said in a statement. “I did not do this back in high school or at any time.”
Kavanaugh doubled down on that denial Monday, breaking his silence to issue a statement denouncing the charges as completely bogus.
“This is a completely false allegation,” Kavanaugh said in a statement released by the White House. “I have never done anything like what the accuser describes — to her or to anyone.”
Continuing, he said, “Because this never happened, I had no idea who was making this accusation until she identified herself yesterday. I am willing to talk to the Senate Judiciary Committee in any way the Committee deems appropriate to refute this false allegation, from 36 years ago, and defend my integrity.”
POTUS Donald Trump stood by Kavanaugh, and while he agreed that the process of extra vetting now that the allegations are out there should be undertaken, he called Kavanaugh a “fine intellect” that the American people will be fortunate to have sitting on the nation’s highest court.
Regarding his appointment, Trump told reporters, “If it takes a little delay, it’ll take a little delay. I’m sure it will work out very well.”
He also criticized Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., indirectly, for waiting months to bring up the allegations she claims were passed to her in July in the form of a letter written by Ford.
“This is something that should have been brought up long before this,” he said. “They had the information in July, as I understand it. That’s a long time ago, and nobody mentioned it until the other day.
Presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway told reporters that Ford “should not be insulted, she should not be ignored,” and that she should “testify under oath” before the Senate Judiciary Committee on their schedule. (Related: Total DESPERATION by Dems as they create fictional smear against Kavanaugh… same playbook used against Clarence Thomas.)
But Conway also schooled the media on Democratic behavior during Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony before the Judiciary Committee last week.
“Let’s not fool ourselves — long before this happened, there were Democrats saying they would not vote for Judge Kavanaugh or anyone President Trump nominated for the Supreme Court,” Conway said, according to Fox News. “Let’s make very clear that these Democratic senators … were not interested in Judge Kavanaugh’s significant record, his character and integrity, as testified to by many women.”’
She also noted that Kavanaugh’s been through a half-dozen FBI background checks as part of his prior legal work for the George W. Bush administration and as a member of the federal court system.
Speaking of Ford being heard, the Judiciary Committee chairman, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, attempted to speak to Ford via telephone with Feinstein, but the California Democrat wasn’t interested, which sparked a rebuke from Grassley.
“Grassley: The standard procedure for updates to any nominee’s background investigation file is to conduct separate follow-up calls..that would entail phone calls with..Kavanaugh &..Ford..I asked..Feinstein’s office..to join me in scheduling these follow-ups..they have refused,” Fox News correspondent Chad Pergram tweeted Monday.
Grassley: The standard procedure for updates to any nominee’s background investigation file is to conduct separate follow-up calls..that would entail phone calls with..Kavanaugh &..Ford..I asked..Feinstein’s office..to join me in scheduling these follow-ups..they have refused.
— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) September 17, 2018
This whole smells like a disgusting Democrat hoax.
Read more about Democrat attacks on the Trump administration at Trump.news.