Retired Maj. David Grusch, who served for 14 years as an intelligence officer in the Air Force and National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, appeared Wednesday before the House Oversight Committee's national security subcommittee alongside two former fighter pilots who had firsthand experience with UAP.
During the committee hearing, South Carolina Representative Nancy Mace inquired: "If you believe we have crashed craft as stated earlier, do we have the bodies of the pilots who piloted this craft?"
"As I have stated publicly already in my NewsNation interview, biologics came with some of these recoveries," Grusch answered. Mace quickly clarified asking: "Were they human or non-human biologics?"
"Non-human," the retired officer quipped, adding that he prefers to use this term rather than alien or extraterrestrial. "That was the assessment of the people with direct knowledge of the program I talked to. They are still currently on the program." (Related: Sen. Marco Rubio: Senior government officials have first-hand knowledge of secret UFO programs.)
David Grusch says under oath that there are Non-Human BODIES. ??
— Mike Colangelo (@MikeColangelo) July 26, 2023
Grusch said he was asked in 2019 by the head of a government task force on UAPs to identify all highly classified programs relating to the task force's mission. At the time, Grusch was detailed to the National Reconnaissance Office, the agency that operates U.S. spy satellites.
"I was informed in the course of my official duties of a multi-decade UAP crash retrieval and reverse engineering program to which I was denied access," he said. Asked whether the U.S. government had information about extraterrestrial life, he claimed it was likely the U.S. had been aware of "non-human" activity since the 1930s.
The Pentagon has denied his cover-up claims. DoD spokeswoman Sue Gough said investigators have not discovered "any verifiable information to substantiate claims that any programs regarding the possession or reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial materials have existed in the past or exist currently," failing to address UFOs that are not suspected of being extraterrestrial objects.
He also divulged that he has been facing retaliation from the government since he started coming forward. Grusch refused to detail the retaliatory tactics, though, as there is still an ongoing probe, he said, AP reported. "It was very brutal and very unfortunate, some of the tactics they used to hurt me both professionally and personally," he said.
Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-Wis.) chaired the panel's hearing and joked to a packed audience, "Welcome to the most exciting subcommittee in Congress this week." Reporters observed how this particular issue has gained widespread bipartisan attention, saying that it provided a more sober tone than other recent hearings featuring whistleblowers that make Republicans and Democrats engage in heated debates.
"We're going to uncover the cover-up, and I hope this is just the beginning of many more hearings and many more people coming forward about this," Republican Rep. Tim Burchett from Tennessee said.
But some of the lawmakers are focused on resolving the concern as soon as possible. "We should have disclosure today. We should have the disclosure tomorrow. The time has come," said Democratic Rep. Jared Moskowitz of Florida.
"Several of us are going to look forward to getting some answers in a more confidential setting. I assume some legislation will come out of this," said GOP Rep. Glenn Grothman, the subcommittee's chairman.
The Pentagon's All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office, which Congress established to investigate the incidents, has investigated roughly 800 reports of UAP as of May. While military officials have said most cases have innocuous origins, many others remain unexplained. As per the lawmakers, the military knows more about the objects than it has disclosed to Congress and it is a shame that the Pentagon is not providing more details in a classified briefing or releasing images that could be shown to the public.
In previous hearings, Pentagon officials showed a video taken from an F-18 military plane that showed an image of one balloon-like shape. Back in December, DoD officials said they had received "several hundreds" of new reports since launching a renewed effort to investigate reports of UFOs.
However, "we have not seen anything, and we're still very early on, that would lead us to believe that any of the objects that we have seen are of alien origin," the Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security Ronald Moultrie said. "Any unauthorized system in our airspace we deem as a threat to safety."
Watch the full video of the July 26 Subcommittee on National Security, the Border, and Foreign Affairs Hearing below.
Head to UFO.news for more stories related to space life and aliens and UFO sightings.