To avoid a similar public relations disaster, some companies are reevaluating what causes they choose to publicly support. It turns out that far-left "woke" ideologies are not exactly popular with the average person.
The Wall Street Journal spoke recently with executives and their advisers about the issue. They revealed that corporations are thinking twice now before coming out in favor of the transgender mutilation of children, for example, which is something that Disney supports. (Related: Disney hates conservatives and anyone who opposes degeneracy.)
It seems the new question of the week is how can we avoid becoming the next Disney? Corporate America, of course, wants the cash to keep flowing, and going the way of Disney is not the way to accomplish that.
In case you missed it, Disney lost its much-coveted self-governing status in Florida after the company provoked state lawmakers by promising to fight back against the Parental Rights in Education law, which the Left falsely dubbed the "don't say gay bill."
Disney opposes the new law because it prohibits the teaching of sexual and gender degeneracy to children in kindergarten through third grade. In Disney's view, young children should be exposed to as much perversion as possible.
"The No. 1 concern CEOs have is, 'When should I speak out on public issues?'" said Bill George, former chairman and CEO of Medtronic PLC and now a senior fellow at Harvard Business School, to the Journal.
"As one CEO said to me, 'I want to speak out on social issues, but I don't want to get involved in politics.' Which I said under my breath, 'That's not possible.'"
Initially, Disney kept its mouth shut following Gov. Ron DeSantis' signing of the Parental Rights in Education bill. But then CEO Bob Chapek caved, issuing an embarrassing, groveling apology to the LGBTQ+ "community" for not doing enough to support child grooming.
Disney proceeded to establish an "LGBTQIA+ Advisory Council" to come up with new ways to expose children to deviant sexual lifestyles as part of its "reimagine tomorrow" agenda.
Disney has also announced that it is devoting resources to fighting against similar legislation in other states that aims to protect children from the LGBTQ+ mafia.
It turns out that most Democrats, at least in the state of Florida, support such legislation. Even they recognize that children need to be protected against pedophile predators, which Disney apparently supports.
Over the past year, Disney's stock price dropped by more than 30 percent, making it the worst-performing stock in the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA).
"I think probably anybody sitting in a leadership role follows it to some degree," added Julie Schertell, chief executive of Alpharetta, Ga-based manufacturing company Neenah Inc., about how Disney's fate has sent shockwaves throughout corporate America.
In the comment section of Breitbart News, one person wrote that the mantra get woke, go broke really is true, as evidenced by Disney's downfall and corporate America's recognition of it.
"When 0.5% cause 100% of the problems for the other 99.5% you have a problem," this person added. "The 99.5% are paying the bills and the other 0.5% are acting like babies."
Someone else wrote that Disney's stock, as of this writing, is actually down by about 41 percent with no end in sight.
"Nice going, Disney," this person emphasized. "Never thought you'd be so dumb."
More related news about the grooming of children can be found at Groomers.news.