Google has declared war on the independent media and has begun blocking emails from NaturalNews from getting to our readers. We recommend GoodGopher.com as a free, uncensored email receiving service, or ProtonMail.com as a free, encrypted email send and receive service.
09/27/2018 / By News Editors
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced on Tuesday that it will not remove Bill Cosby’s star from the Walk of Fame, despite Cosby’s crimes.
(Article by Karista Baldwin republished from WesternJournal.com)
On Tuesday, Bill Cosby was sentenced to three-to-10 years in state prison for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman in his home 14 years ago. Dozens of other women have also spoken out, claiming that Cosby drugged and raped them.
In the eyes of the court, Cosby has been declared a “sexually violent predator.” But in his old center of operations of Hollywood, he’s apparently still star-worthy.
“The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a historical record of entertainment figures past and present. Once installed, the stars become part of the historic fabric of the Walk of Fame, a ‘designated historic cultural landmark,’ and are intended to be permanent,” the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce said in a statement.
“The stars only commemorate the recipient’s professional accomplishments,” the statement continued.
“It is regrettable when the personal lives of inductees do not measure up to public standards and expectations; however, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce does not remove stars from the Walk of Fame.”
— Michael Edgecomb (@TheEdgePHX) September 25, 2018
A petition to remove the star has been circulating to give to the organization.
Earl Ofari Hutchinson, president of the Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable, said the signatures will be presented to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce on Monday, according to CBS Los Angeles.
Monday is also the day Cosby is due in court for his two-day sentencing hearing for his felony conviction on the charges of sexual abuse.
“By keeping the Cosby star and ignoring the demand of thousands for removal the Chamber violates its own rules that an honoree must make worthy contributions to the community,” Hutchinson said in a statement. “Cosby’s horrendous documented sexual abuses hardly qualify as worthy contributions to the community.”
The chamber previously turned down a request in 2015 to remove Cosby’s star.
As Cosby’s plaque sits pretty, President Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has been the target of vandalism over and over in the past few years.
Trump received the star in 2007 in recognition of his work on the NBC reality TV success “The Apprentice.”
Numerous attempts have been made to destroy it. In July, a 24-year-old man was arrested after he pulverized the marker with a pickax. A similar defacement took place in 2016. In between, numerous accounts of vandalism have plagued the spot.
Earlier this month Trump’s star was defaced yet again by a local street artist, who had already previously vandalized it. This time he covered the star by affixing wooden bars over it. When CNN asked him to explain, he told them “Well, ’cause (Trump’s) going to jail,” he said.
This type of buffoonery is often supported by the Trump-hating Hollywood crowd. Yet in contrast, they have been quiet on the topic of Cosby’s status on the Walk of Fame. This is just another instance of their hypocrisy on display.
Rather than genuinely caring about the sexual exploitation of women, Hollywood liberals can only bring themselves to care when it works as a political takedown of someone they don’t like. That’s about the extent to which their false morality can take them.
Read more at: WesternJournal.com
Tagged Under: Bill Cosby, celebrities, Donald Trump, entertainment, government, hollywood, hollywood chamber of commerce, hypocrisy, left cult, Liberal, mainstream media, politics, propaganda, society, Walk of Fame
COPYRIGHT © 2017 NEWSTARGET.COM
All content posted on this site is protected under Free Speech. NewsTarget.com is not responsible for content written by contributing authors. The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. NewsTarget.com assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners.
Receive Our Free Email Newsletter
Get independent news alerts on natural cures, food lab tests, cannabis medicine, science, robotics, drones, privacy and more.
Once you click subscribe, we will send you an email asking you to confirm your free subscription.